- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr Cornford is a proud Novocastrian. He attended school locally before graduating from the University of Sydney Medical School with Honours in 2006. He returned to the region to work and train within the Hunter New England Area Health Service from 2007-2016. This culminated in his admission as a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons and the Australian Orthopaedic Association. He went on to complete subspecialty Hip and Knee fellowships in Sydney with Dr’s Michael Solomon and David Broe and in Paris at the Clinique du Sport with Dr Frederic Laude in 2017.
His areas of special interest include:
- Anterior Minimally Invasive Hip Surgery
- Enhanced recovery following joint replacement
- Hip preservation and management of young adult hip conditions
- Traumatic and sports injuries
- Kinematically aligned total knee replacement
- Knee ligament reconstruction
- Arthroscopic knee surgery
Dr Cornford currently works as a consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at the John Hunter Hospital, Royal Newcastle Centre, John Hunter Children’s Hospital and Belmont Hospital. He is actively involved in the teaching of medical students, junior doctors and Orthopaedic Surgical trainees and is a Conjoint Clinical Fellow with the University of Newcastle.