- Colorectal Surgery
Alison Lincoln is a Clinical Nurse Specialist and Stomal Therapy Nurse, and has been employed at Lingard Private Hospital for the past 8 years. Alison primarily works out of Surgical 2 ward, which specialises in Colo-Rectology, Urology, Bariatrics, Gynaecology, Maxofacillary and General Surgery.
In addition she is the hospital stoma nurse, wound management nurse, and continence management nurse.
Alison obtained her Bachelor of Nursing Studies through the University of New England and has since completed a Graduate Certificate In Acute Care Nursing (Medical/Surgical) stream, Graduate Certificate In Stomal Therapy Nursing and Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116).
She holds current memberships with the Australian Association of Stomal Therapy Nurses, Wounds Australia and the Continence Foundation of Australia.
Ostomy surgery can have significant impacts on individuals emotionally, physically and psychologically. Her role in stoma management includes:
- individualised pre-operative siting and education
- post-operative management and education, including troubleshooting
- discharge planning and follow up care
- providing access to resources and educating staff on management of existing stomas and stoma care.
Alison's role as a wound care nurse includes hospital wide wound care for acute wound management, chronic and complex wound management and treatment, fistula management, pressure injury prevention and management, and liaising with allied health professionals such as diabetes educator, podiatrists, social workers and occupational therapists.
Her role in continence management includes:
- Neobladder education and management
- educating patients in self catheterization, catheter education, continence management, incontinence, skin injury prevention and management associated with incontinence
- providing access to community nursing clinics and resources.
Alison prides herself on staying up-to-date with the latest technologies and techniques to support patients. Alison can provide the most current evidenced-based practices to promote safe competent patient care, provide patient-centred care and to promote positive patient outcomes.
- Lingard Private Hospital, 23 Merewether Street, Merewether NSW 2291
Phone: 02 4969 6799